If you want a healthy breakfast with something substantial (and something pretty) you have to try this natural/sugar-free strawberry smoothie bowl recipe! It is straightforward, and easily adapted with whatever fruits you want but this version with strawberries and crunchy pecans topping is my favorite! The strawberry is naturally sweet enough for me, so there’s no need to make it even sweeter. It also has an amazing smooth and creamy consistency. I guarantee that if you like fresh strawberries, you will love this recipe.
You only need a few ingredients to make it and the final result is totally amazing!
- Fresh strawberries
- 1 Kiwi
- vanilla bean ( or vanilla extract )
- 1 apple
For The smoothie :
- Select ripe strawberries with a deep red color. place strawberries in a strainer and wash them thoroughly under running water ( Do not wash strawberries until you are ready to eat or prepare them). Leave the green caps on strawberries when you wash them. Removing the stems lets water seep into the strawberries, affecting their taste and texture ( We do not want that right!). Let them dry for few minutes then you can remove the caps.
- Scrape the seeds from one vanilla bean ( PS : One vanilla bean is roughly equivalent to about 3 teaspoons vanilla extract so you may only need part of a vanilla bean ) or add a little (not too much!) vanilla extract.
Blend the strawberries & the vanilla until soft and smooth then serve the strawberry smoothie in a bowl.
For The Topping :
- wash the kiwi before cutting and peeling so dirt and bacteria on the outside aren’t transferred from the knife onto the fruit then cut it into thin slices (rounds).
- make the mini apple hearts by using a heart-shaped cutter.
The best part about smoothie bowls is the topping! Add the pecans, the apple mini hearts, the kiwi slices and some pretty whole strawberries, nicely and delicately on the top of the smoothie to make it more appealing and beautiful.
et voilà ! isn’t that pretty ?
If you give this smoothie a try, please do send me a picture on twitter ( @ ) as I would love to see it! Enjoy 😋💕🌹